1. Public Information Officer may be addressed to obtain information as per the requirements under Section 4(1) of Right to Information Act 2005.
2. In pursuance of the Section 5(1) of the Right to Information Act, 2005, Shri.S.SEENI SYED MEERA GANI, Deputy Accountant General (Administration) of this office has been designated as Public Information Officer for the Office of the Accountant General (Economic and Revenue Sector Audit), Tamil Nadu. In accordance with Section 4(1) (b) of the said Act, information on the following items can be obtained from Public Information Officer of this office:
- The particulars of the office, its functions and duties
- The powers and duties of the officers and employees
- The procedure followed in decision making process, including channels of supervision and accountability
- The norms set for the discharge of the functions.
- The rules, regulations, instructions, manuals and records used by the employees for discharging the functions
- Categories of documents held by or under the control of the office
- Boards/Committees/Task force set up by this office. However, public participation or minutes of meetings are not open to public.
- A directory of the officers and employees-Gradation list of officers and staff
- The monthly remuneration received by the officers and employees, including the system of compensation as provided in this regulations
- The budget allocated to this office, with the particulars of all plans, proposed expenditure and reports in disbursement made.
- Details of information available to, or held by the office, reduced in an electronic form. Persons desirous of eliciting information from the Public Information Officer will have to pay the prescribed fee.
3. The above information can be obtained from Public Information Officer & Deputy Accountant General (Administration), Office of the Accountant General (E&RSA), Tamil Nadu, Lekha Pariksha Bhavan, 361, Anna Salai, Teynampet, Chennai 600 018.
4. Receipt of Fee:
Under Rule 3 of Rights to Information (regulation of fee and cost) Rules 2005, a request for obtaining information under section 6(1) of RTI Act, shall be accompanied by an application fee of Rs.10/- by way of cash against proper receipt or by demand draft or bankers cheque or Indian Postal Order payable to the Pay and Accounts Officer, Indian Audit Department, Chennai 600 018.
For providing the information under sub-section (1) of section 7, the fee shall be paid by way of cash against proper receipt or by demand draft or bankers cheque payable to the Pay and Accounts Officer, Indian Audit Department, Chennai 600 018 at the following rates:
- (a) Rs.2/- for each page (inA-4 or A-3 size paper) created or copied;
- (b) Actual charge or cost price of a copy in larger size paper;
- (c) Actual cost or price for samples or models; and
- (d) For inspection of records, no fee for the first hour; and a fee of rupees five for each subsequent hour (or fraction thereof) thereafter.
For providing the information under sub-section (5) of section 7, the fee shall be paid by way of cash against proper receipt or by demand draft or bankers cheque payable to the Pay and Accounts Officer, Indian Audit Department, Chennai 600 018 at the following rates:-
- a. For information provided in Compact Disc (CD) Rs.50/- per CD and
- b. For information provided in printed form at the price fixed for such publication or Rs.2/- per page of photocopy for extracts for the publication.
Application Fee and other fees charged for providing the information under section 6(1) of RTI Act of Sub section (1) and (5) of section 7 shall be in the form of cash or cheque/DD/Bankers Cheques/ IPO drawn in favour of Pay & Accounts Officer/IAD, Chennai 600 018. However, in respect of persons who are of below poverty line as may be determined by the appropriate Government; no such fee is payable.
5. Appeal Process:
The first appellate authority of this office according to section 19(1) of the RTI Act is: